Monday, June 28, 2010

Dr. Pepper

OK, so I had a bit of especially random inspiration for this post, I looked over just past my monitor and I saw a can of Dr. Pepper sitting there and on the can it says it is a unique blend of 23 different flavors. This inspired me to go to their website, all the while singing a very old Dr. Pepper jingle in my head. I hope you enjoy what I have here on this very random post today.
So, in my investigation I learned that Dr. Pepper was introduced before even Coca-Cola was, though it didn't go national for nearly 20 years after its 1885 introduction.
Here is the jingle I was singing in my head, I apologize ahead of time if it gets stuck in your head (or is it part of my evil master plan to take over the world?).

"I'm a Pepper, he's a Pepper,
She's a Pepper, we're a Pepper,
Wouldn't you like to be a Pepper, too?
Be a Pepper. Drink Dr Pepper."
There were several other interesting things I found in my brief exploration this afternoon. Here is a cool section of the Dr. Pepper website with information and pictures from the history of the brand.

No comments:

Post a Comment