Thursday, December 16, 2010

Airports

It has been a while since I posted about myself so this will be about airports I have been to.

The smallest airport I have been is Chipata, Zambia. The "terminal" there was smaller than a single family house in the US. I have taken off and landed at smaller dirt landing strips but they are not airports.

The largest ariport I have been to is Denver International Airport as far as land mass goes. DIA is the third largest airport in the world by this metric. The largest airport building I have been in is not DIA even though the terminal there is very large, it is Terminal 1 at Chep Lap Kok airport in Hong Kong. This building is over 570000 sq. meters of floor space. Part of the check-in area is below. The busiest airport I have been to is Chicago O'Hare airport. though I have been to Atlanta's Hartfield-Jackson airport, when I was there it was #2 in the world and O'Hare was #1. They have since swapped this ranking and Atlanta is far in the lead for busiest airport in the world.

Based on 2009 statistics, I have been to 7 of the 10 busiest airports in the world - 12 of the top 20 - 16 of the top 30.

The airport I have been to by far the most is DIA as it was my home airport for most of my life.

Based on some of my one-way flights in Africa, I have several airports that I have been to the fewest number of times.

No comments:

Post a Comment