Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Picture Entry - Namibia Giraffe

A faithful blog reader requested an entry with a picture so I felt compelled to fulfill their wish.
This is obviously a picture of a giraffe but it is also a picture that I took myself, while I was in Etosha National Park in Namibia. That was 3 years ago in February 2007. Generally it takes giraffes quite a while to get into a drinking position as this is when they are most vulnerable to attack from predators. I was fortunate enough to skip all of the time this one took preparing as I had just driven up to this water hole on one of my self-drive safaris and it was already drinking.

This is one of my favorite pictures and was a memorable moment that I captured during an entire trip full of great moments.

I will strive for brevity with this post but I am happy to answer any questions about the picture, Etosha, Namibia etc. or whatever.

No comments:

Post a Comment