Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Karnali River

Today I am journeying to the Karnali River in Nepal, which was on a list of the top 10 whitewater rafting vacations that I found online.
I don't hold any real hope that I will ever be an expert rafter as I would need to be to do this on the Karnali but I would be so interested in the action, the adventure, the scenery, really pretty much everything about it.


Here is a description I found on the internet about the rafting experience:
"Rafting in Karnali river is not an ordinary trip for any rafter. The trek comes for the rafters' enjoyment with some of the most beautiful canyons in Nepal. Diversity in flora and fauna is incredible. Rapids in the river get huge after the monsoon rains. Flow of the water increases when river slices through some narrow canyons. Those who desire to experience breathtaking scenery, scintillating action and enjoyment of a long trip should go for a ride in Karnali river."

I also liked how one site described its remoteness as only being able to be reached by a 2-day hike!

No comments:

Post a Comment