Friday, March 5, 2010

Easter Island

This morning I was inspired by my desktop heads of Easter Island that I got from thinkgeek.com as they sit on my desk. I have been intrigued by Easter Island for many years but it has eluded me in my travels. This is mostly due to its remoteness, which is also a large part of its allure to me. There are only two flight routes to the island, one is from Tahiti, the other is from Santiago, Chile. The most stunning/interesting feature of the island is the giant heads (Maoi), carved from volcanic rock, all around the island.
There is so much to learn about this island I will let you discover it for yourself rather than ramble on and on and on here.

Here are the desktop heads of Easter Island that so inspired me:
Here is the website if you would like to get your own desktop Easter Island kit:

No comments:

Post a Comment